Wide Awake In Europe

• Ron

Although the latest reports have U2 planning to release a new album in early 2011 (see this Irish Times article), it appears there may be a separate release – a live EP, perhaps – on the way much sooner than that. Amazon.com currently lists a new single/EP titled Wide Awake In Europe with a release date of November 22, 2010. There's no track list, no mention of how many songs would be on the release, but it does indicate Interscope Records as the label. Wide Awake In Europe is also listed on Amazon's UK and Japanese web sites. In each case, though, the only version listed right now is a vinyl version.

The title is obviously reminiscent of U2's 1985 release, Wide Awake In America, a four-track EP that featured two live songs and two previously unreleased studio tracks leftover from The Unforgettable Fire sessions. Right before the European tour began this past August, Adam Clayton hinted that U2 was considering releasing an EP:

“We're kind of trying to break it up a bit. You know, the idea of doing another big record and going away for a long time doesn't appeal to us. But the idea of putting out tracks in the show and seeing what happens to them, maybe putting out a little EP at some point – these are all possibilities we're thinking about.”

We'll update this if we hear anything more. (thx to DS for the tip)

UPDATE: U2tour.de is reporting some more news about this – it's a six-track EP of live recordings from the European Tour. It will only be available on vinyl and only in the U.S., where it's being targeted toward independent record stores. (Thus, the vinyl-only release.)

• U2C

super Ron, thx voor de melding……….

• it´s me

Fraai, live recordings from Europe…..only available in the USA

That sucks !

Krijgen we dan volgend jaar Wide Awake in South Africa….only available in Europe ??

Nou ja..ik zie de logica niet maar ik zal hier wel wat missen aan de boodschap vrees ik

• Ron

• U2C

je bent wat vergeten wat erbij te zetten…….

• Ron

Hoezo?

Ik heb alleen de frontcover geplaatst. Duurt ff voordat je hem te zien krijgt.

Staan overigens 3 nummers op:

kant a:

Mercy [Live in Brussel 21/09/2010

kant b:

2.I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

3.Moment of Surrender

• U2C

:S yep, zie het nu ook

• Ron

The EP will feature the first ever official release of Mercy as the a-side, recorded in Brussels on 22 September 2010. Mercy will be backed by performances of Crazy Tonight and Moment Of Surrender. The EP is being released to support Record Store Day, 26 November (which, at the time of writing, U2.com incorrectly claims is 23 November). It is a limited edition vinyl release, with only 5,000 copies available.

bol.com:http://www.bol.com/nl/p/muziek/wide-awake-in-europe/1000004010920410/index.html

• it´s me

Bedankt voor de info Ron

• conny

heb em al via amzon Uk gepre ordered van de week